2018 MID-YEAR REPORT
We are setting-up our official advisory board and team of experts to help us scale Virtualahan and impact 10M lives in the next 10 years worldwide.
The Virtualahan for Indigenous People (I.T. for IP) Project is ready to run the pilot batch after securing support from the Municipal Mayor and the local community leaders of the pilot community in Sultan Kudarat.
Lenovo is providing us with the laptop computers and Globe Telecom is sponsoring the internet connectivity. The community is currently working on restoring the multi-purpose building (left) that will serve as the training center.
We are looking for partners to provide scholarships to 10 youth mostly women from the T’boli tribe ($500/student) who will undergo the 10 weeks digital literacy training and life coaching sessions.
We already started our first cohort for the Virtualahan Entrepreneurs Guild after many of our alumni expressed the need for support in running and starting their own business. We currently have 10 businesses started by our alumni and one of them is the ornamental plant business (photo on the left) by Belle. We also have online pantries, eco-friendly soap formula (patent pending), and among others. They will undergo 6 months of business training, 6 months of business coaching, and they will also receive a starter kit to get their business online.
We are looking for business coaches and scholarship sponsors ($500/business).
We are running the pilot for our Virtualahan for Kids (Project Thirdy) which will train 10 families- mostly mothers of kids with disability who lives below the poverty line to do home-based therapy using the Portage Curriculum which was brought to the Philippines by Dr. Vitto (The Father of Special Education in Davao City- photo in the left during our strategic planning).
We need sponsors for the scholarships of the 10 families ($500/family) to undergo a 10 days in-person capacity building and 10 months of virtual support so their kids can get the right intervention at an early age and manage their disability for life.
We are currently providing outsourcing services mainly on customer service, back-office and data management to foreign clients and started to place students in various BPO companies in Metro Manila.
We need support in terms of acquiring new clients, HR development and strengthen our business model.
Digital Skills Training
We are now on our 22nd batch for our Digital Skills Training that serves as a launchpad for our beneficiaries to start their career online.
We are looking for scholarship sponsors ($500/scholar) and experts as we continue to further develop our curriculum and new courses so we can open source it very soon.
We are now doing twice a week life coaching through our well-being sessions with Coach Chris, our in-house psychologist. We are dealing with very sensitive cases of suicide attempts, employment discrimination, among others.
We need support to train more community builders and psychologist to join our team.
COME VISIT AND JOIN OUR EVENTS
2. Virtualahan will represent The Philippines for the Global Disability Summit in London this July after being nominated by The British Council.
1. Virtualahan is currently working on expanding in USA with the help of Vohn Dumdumaya and the hemophilia community in Northern California.
2. Virtualahan is currently working with Sid Hamid to bring Virtualahan to Singapore.
3. Virtualahan is currently building relationships and exploring collaborations to potential partners like HSBC, Give2Asia, Tondo Foundation, PhilDev and WFP Innovation to scale our impact and launch new initiatives.
1. Virtualahan will celebrate the National Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Month with BMW and MINI Asia through a “Responsible Driving” campaign that will culminate through a gala dinner and fundraising on 2nd of August.
2. Virtualahan welcomes Terry Farris (COO of Asian Institute of Management) as the chairman of our advisory board.
3. Virtualahan will celebrate its 3rd Anniversary and Nationwide Team Building on the 15th-17th of December in Davao City, Philippines. Registration is open until the 30th of October.
FOLLOW US IN SOCIAL MEDIA FOR REAL TIME UPDATES
Thank you for beleiving in us and taking the time to read this report. Please email us for your questions and other concerns at admin@virtualahan and/or email@example.com.
You may also add our founder in Facebook at fb.com/rdgersava or LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/rdgersava/ for real time updates.
With passion and love,